Monday, May 22, 2006

My Baptism

My friend and role model, Simon, suggested that I get into this blogging thing. He told me that everybody who's anybody is doing it. I respect his advice because he is older, wiser and supercool. I guess that now that I am two whole weeks old I should start growing up and take more responsibility for things like blogging. So here is my new page.

My most recent big event was my Baptism. It was pretty incredible, but I wouldn't really know because I slept through the whole thing, especially during Father Orsi's homily :)


I had holy water poured over my head three times and I didn't even flinch.

.

.

.

I just slept all the way through, even during my pictures afterward. Father Orsi couldn't get me to look at the camera no matter how hard he tried.

.

.

.

.

These are my godparents, Andrew and Erin. That guy in the middle is my "god-brother" Simon. I can't wait until I am old enough to play Narnia with him. Although, it looks like he will always get to be Peter, which means I'm going to be stuck with Edmund.

.

My parents told me that everyone was so happy for me, but you wouldn't know it from any of these pictures. Daddy swears that he was smiling the whole time, but these pictures don't lie. Everybody looks so serious!


There's everybody after the Baptism and that's me in the beautiful gown Mommy made for me. It didn't seem to bother me too much that I had to wear a dress, probably because Mommy and Daddy keep a photo on the fridge of Simon in his Easter outfit to remind me of how good I have it.

That's it for now. Back to my favorite game: Waiting until my diaper is off to go to the bathroom. It's especially fun when I can land a #2, but those I save for Daddy.

-JP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Jarod. Sorry you slept thru it. Come to think of it I don't remember mine either....
I won't tell anyone about the dress thing, and don't worry, chances are you will have some brothers who will wear it too! Nice hair, you have almost more than your dad! I think that it's safe to say you've got your parents wrapped around your finger - they definately look in love with you!!! talk later, your super great aunt megan

Sacagawea Extreme said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, muchacho! Nice first post!

TJ said...

Hey Jared,

Welcome to the blogging world, and most notably, welcome to Christendom!! I enjoyed looking at the photos from your Baptism...it all looked so familiar to me. Anyways, I wanted to wish you well, and to let you know that if you have any questions re: all this blog stuff, please feel free to drop me a line...we'll become blog masters while our parent's our busying cramming for the bar exam :-)!

TJ