Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summertime, And The Livin' Is Easy

 All our planned activities for the summer are complete, which means it's time for a photo dump and a few weeks of relaxation. I tried to get photos of the kids in the yard when the flowers were blooming. These photos don't do justice to my garden, but the kids look cute.


I just love this picture.


And this one.


The kids are getting so good at the Ring Bearer/Flower Girl gig I could probably hire them out.


Here is a rare family photo, a one shot deal that turned out pretty well. Ok, except for the sleeping princess the rest of us look like we knew we were taking a photo.


At yet another family wedding the kids had a hard time getting service at the bar, and someone doesn't look too happy about it. I just imagine him pounding his fists and yelling, "Where's my soda"!!


We spent most of June at the ballpark for this reason,


 and this reason.





I love how you can see the dirt fly up from where the ball hits the ground right before Jared gloves it. The team improved quite a bit during the season and the games got pretty exciting the very last week, especially the tournament game — they lost by one run, but it was a great game!




 Summer isn't complete without a trip to the zoo, even in sweltering heat.


Does someone look jealous of that snow-cone? She had literally just opened her eyes and saw him with that deliciously refreshing treat. Her eyes scream, "Hey, where's mine"!


Mary begged me to cut her hair short, so I had to document her waves first.


And here she is now! The morning after I cut it she asked if it was still short. Just yesterday she asked me if it would grow back! A case of buyer's remorse?


Swimming lessons were lots of fun, especially for me since I just lay on a blanket with Rose and read a book for an hour. Jared made lots of improvement. Here he is swimming from the deep-end!


Little one is getting big, must be all the (toy) butter we are feeding her.



In the end, one of the best things about summer is visits from friends! Hint, hint.


No comments: